Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the new Netflix original show, and it’s actually AMAZING! It’s completely insane and hilarious, and weirdly uplifting, and it gives great life advice, AND the theme is catchy and sing-a-long-able! What more could you POSSIBLY want from a TV series?!
By the way, I know I said this is my new favourite series, and it is, but that’s for binge-watching purposes. It hasn’t taken over Friends or Orange Is The New Black – it’s not in that league… yet.
Kimmy may be the happiest character ever written, and it’s actually overbearing. But in a good way. You kind of can’t get rid of her but she’s weirdly endearing and draws you in to her insane life.
For those that don’t know, Kimmy and three other women were part of a cult led by Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne, and then were rescued. Not wanting to go back to her old pre-cult life, Kimmy decides to stay in New York. Alone. With no money or a place to live. She’s just that positive!
None of the characters are even slightly relatable and they’re all wild exaggerations of the stereotypes (I’m assuming/hoping – I last went to New York in 2012 and that was just for a weeks family holiday), but that’s why it’s so entertaining to watch. This is a show that will never, ever happen in real life, so it’s SUCH a welcoming break from the crappy real life.
I’ve already learnt so much from watching Kimmy over the past few hours – and by learnt I of course mean noticed some good life tips but will brush them off and never actually put them into practice. But I’ve still learnt a lot of useful information!
– To make yourself less sad, you need to smile more
– To cheer yourself up, you need to jump up and down and chant, “I’m not really here!”
– It is totally 100% okay to text someone you’re standing right next to and talking to
– “Feet are the new butts”
– Take everything ten seconds at a time – you can handle anything for ten seconds, and when the ten seconds are up, JUST START COUNTING AGAIN! IT WORKS! Apparently
– “Females are strong as hell”
– Own yourself, and be proud of your dreams. Do whatever it takes to get there
– Don’t ever copy Disney or Marvel, cause that’s not cool
– Stop “Buhbreezing” your problems
– Disney lies
– “FEMALES are STRONG as HELL”
– You may lie to yourself and to others, but your selfies reveal the truth. Especially the “hashbrown no filter” ones
– You can put something from your ears into your feet (?????)
– “FEMALES ARE STRONG AS HELL”
After this new season, it seems that Netflix can do no wrong! This is just another amazing show it’s produced, and honestly I just want more! Luckily for me, Kimmy has already been renewed for a second season, due out next year (doy).
This series is just making me want to move to New York, get a job and get fired and then rehired within two days, and move into a one bedroom apartment with a gay man. After being rescued from a doomsday cult. Although I’m perfectly okay with skipping out on the cult thing. And the no money thing. And the one bedroom apartment thing.
If you haven’t already, make sure you check out Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. If you don’t have Netflix, then ew what the hell how do you even life? Go get it now.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a definite 100% recommend from me. Watch it. Watch right now. Call in sick tomorrow and W A T C H I T N O W !